地道英语表达|Spending Time

如题所述

第1个回答  2022-06-22
Right, I’m not going to spin this out. I just have one thing to say. You only have two weeks now till the exams start and you’re going to have to pull your socks up  if you want to pass. We’re going to set aside the next fortnight just for revision. In other words, we’re going to free up some time by cancelling all non-exam lessons like sport. All school sports matches will be held over until the exams are finished. We felt that would be better than trying to fit revision in around sport commitments. The sports staff agree that putting back these matches won’t cause any major problems, but we mustn’t set schedules back by more than two weeks or we won’t be able to fit in all the matches before the end of term. So now, put everything else out of your minds and concentrate on your revision. No more frittering time away – get down to some serious work.

把…延长;尽可能拖长

Can we spin our holiday out for a few more days?

我们能把假期延长几天吗?

Somehow, she managed to spin her story out so that it took her the whole train journey to tell it.

她想办法把故事拉长,这样她在火车上的时间都花在讲故事上了。

加把劲儿,加油干

He's going to have to pull his socks up if he wants to stay in the team.

如果他还想呆在队里的话就得努力加以改进。

拨出,留出(金钱或时间)

He had some money in an account that he'd set aside for his kids.

他为孩子们存了一笔钱。

I set aside half an hour every evening to hear Erik read.

我每天晚上都留出半个小时听埃里克朗读。

空出来

But in my experience, using such methods to free up the odd 30 minutes doesn't work.

但在我看来,使用这些方法来腾出个30分钟左右的阅读时间是不管用的。

拖延…

The nomination was held over until the Senate adjourned.

提名一直被拖延到了参议院休会。

找时间做(或处理);安排时间见(某人)

Dr Jones is very busy but I'm sure she'll be able to fit you in tomorrow.

琼斯医生很忙,但是我肯定她明天能安排时间见您。

将…延期,推迟

We had to put the meeting back a week.

我们不得不将会议推迟一周。

耽误;推迟

The opening of the new swimming pool has been set back by a few weeks.

新游泳池开业推迟了几个星期。

A war would inevitably set back the process of reform.

战争无疑会耽误改革的进程。

挥霍,浪费(金钱、时间或机会)

If I've got money in my pocket, I tend to fritter it away.

如果口袋里有点钱,我往往就挥霍一空。

She fritters so much money away on expensive make-up.

她大把大把地花钱购买昂贵化妆品。

把…忘掉,把…置诸脑后

It's over, put it out of your mind.

一切都结束了,把它忘掉吧。

开始认真对待;开始认真注意;开始努力做

I've got a lot of work to do, but I can't seem to get down to it.

我有好多工作要做,可我好像就是没法安下心来去做。

I must get down to booking the hotels.

我得开始预订我们的旅馆了。
相似回答